Wednesday 7 July 2010

"It's alive!" - finally, Alex James Bruce's design blog goes LIVE!

I feel like Dr. Frankenstein - in what has been a long time coming, to the point of the time time spanning conception to actuality eluding me, my friend Alex James Bruce's blog, 'Does This Come In Black?', has on this, the 6th of July 2010, gone LIVE!





Although my penchant is more for pandas, paper goods, etcetera, and not Big White houses (shown above) and black cladding adorning Britain's East (?) coast, I will be watching ardently!

After all, he too also enjoys a bit of Alexander Gerard. In fact this is the very same Alex to whom, when posting my initial enthusiasm of the American designer, I made special note.

I'm going to make special note of the dolls to the right. Designed in 1963, Girard created these half-decorative, half-toy wooden dolls for his own amusement, adorning his Santa Fe home. The Girard Estate, with the original housed in the Vitra Design Museum, have made Girard's part-joyful, part-grim available as reproductions - buy set 1 now at Atomic Interiors for only £59.20



No comments:

Post a Comment